National Health insurance
The National Health Insurance Act stipulates that foreign nationals who with Valid Alien Resident Certificate or Resident certificate for the Taiwan area (including those from Hong Kong, Macau and China) must be registered in the National Health Insurance program upon living in Taiwan for 6 months.
- Stay at least 6 months. In the interval of 6 months of staying, you are basically allowed to leave Taiwan only for ONE time within 30 days. When you return, you have to make up for the days you stay outside Taiwan.
- For the first time leaving Taiwan, if you stay over 30 days, your day of staying in Taiwan will be re-counted from the date you return.
- National health insurance website
International student medical insurance
If you are not having NHI Card yet, we will help you to apply for medical insurance.
- Student without NHI eligibility has to buy the insurance in order to make sure all the health problem and sick payment will have a better guarantee of your health condition.
- The student insurance coverage is not included plastic surgery and any other surgery equipment like a deaf aid, prosthesis and fake tooth. And the coverage is almost paid back by the insurance company if you are sick and see doctor in clinic and hospital.
Here are steps to make insurance claim. After you go to see a doctor, what you should bring to OIA office for the hospitalization claim:
- Application Form
- Authorization Form
- Original Medical Receipt
- Original Certificate of Diagnosis (copy of original diagnosis is not acceptable)
- Post Office Passbook (one copy)
- You should pay the full fee for the treatment and get both the payment receipt and the certificate of diagnosis.
- OIA will help you deliver documents to the insurance company. If your documents are complete and within the coverage policy, the insurance company will transfer the claims payment into your post office account in about 4 weeks.
- For the same symptoms, the insurance company covers only one visit per day. The maximum coverage per visit is TWD 1,000.